VBS Day One is in the books! We had a great first day with over 400 children in attendance. The opening rally was electric with the Blue Team leading the way. Other than a few skinned knees and a bloody nose it was a smooth ride on the Colossal Coaster.
Parents, our hope is that you will continue the VBS excitement each day at home by take a few minutes at the dinner table or before bed to encourage your child to tell you what they learned and experienced.
Help them better understand and apply the Theme Scripture and Motto, which we will focus on every day in the Opening Rally:
VBS Theme Scripture: For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment. 2 Timothy 1:7
VBS Motto: Facing Fear! Trusting God!
Ask a few questions about the specific focus for that specific day. You might even re-read the focus story. Here are the details for
Monday – Day 1: Dare to Change
Focus Bible Story: Paul Obeyed (Acts 9:1-18)
Life Application: I can trust God and obey Him without fear.
Some Examples of questions you might ask:
- What did you like best about the opening rally?
- Who were your teachers?
- Tell me about recreation… music… snack time, etc.
- What craft did you work on today?
- Who did you learn about in Bible Study? (Saul/Paul)
- What caused Saul (who later became Paul) to have a change of heart and begin to follow Jesus?
- What did Jesus tell Saul to do? Did he do it?
- Discuss ways your family can trust God and obey Him without fear… like Paul.
- (With older children) Consider telling the story of when you met Jesus and began to follow Him, and about your baptism.
Each day builds on the previous day so don’t miss a day this week if possible. Plan now to spend some time each night reinforcing these biblical truths in the heart of your child. That will make this coaster ride unforgettable! Are there friends you and your child could invite to join you at Colossal Coaster World?