VBS Day Three indicates that more than half of VBS is done… two days remain! We still had a number of first time children attending today, which shows it’s never too late to get in on the ride and that there is always room for one more. We had 441 children and 156 workers for a total of 597!
The color teams are neck and neck in the point standings. Red has been the defending champion for several years, yet they found themselves in trailing a little behind in today’s rally. Who will come out on top? The team with the most points of course. Points are scored by being present, bringing a Bible, quoting the theme verse, bringing friends, and winning the rally team competition.
Parents, take a few minutes at the dinner table tonight or before bed and give your child “the stage” at home to tell you what they learned and experienced.
VBS Theme Scripture: For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment. 2 Timothy 1:7
VBS Motto: Facing Fear! Trusting God!
Ask open ended questions about the specific focus for today. You might even re-read the focus story. Here are the details for WEDNESDAY:
Day 3: Dare to Believe
Bible Story: Paul Proclaimed Salvation (Acts 16:16-34)
Life Application: I can trust God’s plan of salvation and share His love with others.
Potential questions you might ask:
- What happened to Pastor Joel during the rally today?
- Tell me about your music time and what you are learning?
- What has been the most fun in recreation so far this week?
- Who did you learn about in Bible Study? (Paul, Silas, the Jailer)
- What did Paul do to have he and Silas thrown in jail?
- What happened in jail that night?
- What happened to the jailer and his family that night?
- MOM & DAD… like the jailer did, have you placed your trust in and surrendered your life to Jesus? Have you followed Christ in baptism?
- For a more detailed outline of the Gospel go to: How To Become A Christian
- Tonight would be a good opportunity to talk with your child about salvation in general and specifically about their salvation. For children who have already trusted Christ seek to affirm their salvation.
Tomorrow our 3rd – 5th Grade Classes and Students will hear a Gospel presentation from Pastor Joel or Pastor Bryant. Be in prayer for the Holy Spirit to speak through these men. Contact Saint for additional resources or support in sharing the Gospel with Children. Trusting God’s plan of salvation and sharing His love with others begins at home. Go ahead… dare to believe!