Fellowship, Teaching, Prayer, Ministry, Multiplication, and Accountability.
Weekly Bible Reading: Matthew 1-5
Weekly Bible Study: Matthew 3:1-17
- John the Baptist Preaching and Baptizing in the Wilderness
- What was the very first word of John’s message that he preached in the wilderness? What does that word mean and why do you think it was the first word of his sermon?
- What do you think made John such a popular messenger that “ALL” were coming to hear him?
- Who were the Pharisees and Sadducees and why do you think John refused to baptize them?
- What does it mean to “bear fruit worthy of repentance?”
- Why do you think John called the Pharisees and Sadducees a “brood of vipers?”
- What did John say would happen to every tree that does not bear good fruit? What do you think he meant by this?
- What does it mean to be baptized with the Holy Spirit?
- Why did Jesus say it was important for Him to be baptized by John?
- Since Jesus was baptized, how important is it for believers to be baptized today?
- Can you tell us about your personal water baptism and what it meant to you?
- What feelings did you have after you were baptized?