Daily Bible Reading:
- Day 1: 2 Samuel 10:1-19
- Day 2: 2 Samuel 11:1-27
- Day 3: 2 Samuel 12:1-31
- Day 4: 2 Samuel 13:1-39
- Day 5: 2 Samuel 14:1-33
Week 34: 2 Samuel 11:1-17 (David and Bathsheba)
- Can anyone share about a time when you found yourself at the wrong place at the wrong time? How are times like this a test of our faith?
- In our story, King David found himself in a situation like this. At the time “when kings go out to battle,” why do you think David remained at home?
- What “happened” one afternoon that caused David to be overcome by the temptation of lust? What should he have done when he saw this beautiful woman bathing? David conquered Goliath, why could he not conquer lust?
- Do you think Bathsheba was totally innocent in this situation? Why or why not? What role do you think Satan played in this?
- What did David’s unchecked lust cause him to do? When Bathsheba became pregnant, what greater evil did David do in attempt to cover up his sin? How many people were affected by David’s sinful choices?
- Why is it important for us to quickly “bounce our eyes” and turn away from lustful situations? What happens when we linger over lustful situations?
- In a sex-crazed world, how can we guard ourselves against pornography? Why is porn so dangerous? How can we guard ourselves against sexual sins such as adultery or pre-marital sex? What’s so bad about these sins?
- Read Psalm 51. In this Psalm of repentance, David gives us an example to follow. When we sin greatly, how can we experience forgiveness with God?
- How we help one another in our battle against lust? How can we pray for you regarding your fight against lust?
- Let’s pray for one another today that we will bounce our eyes away from lust and flee from lustful situations.