Daily Bible Reading:
- Day 1: 2 Samuel 20:1-26
- Day 2: 2 Samuel 21:1-22
- Day 3: 2 Samuel 22:1-51
- Day 4: 2 Samuel 23:1-39
- Day 5: 2 Samuel 24:1-25
Week 36: 2 Samuel 23:8-17 (David’s Mighty Men)
- Who is your favorite super hero and why? Why do you think we like super heroes so much?
- In our story, we read about some real heroes who were known as David’s “mighty men.” What were these men’s names and what particular act of courage was each one remembered for?
- After these men accomplished heroic deeds, twice it says, “and the Lord brought about a great victory” (v. 10, 12). What does this imply about the amazing deeds of these men? Why is this important?
- When David was in the stronghold at the cave of Adullam and he thirsted for water, what did three of his mighty men do for him? How did David respond to the bravery of these men who risked their lives for him? Why do you think these men were so loyal to David?
- In the church today, who is our enemy and what can we learn from David’s mighty men about our fight against this enemy? Why do you think many men and women in the church today often lack spiritual strength and courage?
- We need spiritual warriors today of all ages and genders. How does one become a spiritual warrior and how does God use them in His work?
- Do you desire to be a spiritual warrior for Christ and in what ways are you growing toward becoming one? As one loyal to Jesus, what are some things you feel He is leading you to do that will require faith and courage?
- How is this group helping you to grow as a spiritual warrior? In your fight against the enemy, what is one main thing we can pray for you about today?
- Let’s pray for one another today to grow as spiritual warriors and to be strong in our fight against the enemy.