Daily Bible Reading:
- Day 1: Job 1:1-22
- Day 2: Job 2:1-13
- Day 3: Job 19:1-29
- Day 4: Job 38:1-41
- Day 5: Job 42:1-17
Week 48: I Know That My Redeemer Lives (Job 19:13-27)
- What do you think are the most painful experiences people go through in life? Why are such painful experiences a true test of our faith?
- In our story, Job was passing through many painful experiences, but he continued to profess his faith in God. In addition to the loss of his children and his own health, what other painful experiences did Job describe?
- How does it feel when even those whom we thought of as “intimate friends” turn against us and betray us? When we have a friend going through a painful experience, why is it important for us to draw near to him or her?
- When someone we know and love is passing through a difficult time, what kind of things should we do to show our love and support? Can you share about a time like this when someone was there for you?
- Even as Job recounted all the pain he was going through, what powerful profession of faith did he speak? In what way is God our “Redeemer?” When will God “stand upon the earth?” How do you think Job knew this?
- Even if God did not heal him physically, what did Job say that his eyes would see? In times of suffering, in what ways does Job give us an example to follow?
- Why is it important for our faith to be tested? What do trials prove about our faith–one way or another? Read 1 Peter 1:6-7. What happens when our faith is tested and proven to be genuine? What can we know about Job’s faith?
- Can you share about a time when your faith was tested and about the spiritual growth you experienced in return?
- Let’s pray today for someone we know who is going through a painful experience that his or her faith will grow through the trial.