Daily Bible Reading:
- Day 1: Daniel 1:1-21
- Day 2: Daniel 3:1-30
- Day 3: Daniel 5:1-31
- Day 4: Daniel 6:1-28
- Day 5: Daniel 9:1-27
Week 51: Daniel 6:1-28 (Daniel and the Lions’ Den)
- What is the worst you have ever been persecuted or mistreated because of your faith? How did you respond in this situation?
- In our story, Daniel was cast into a den of hungry lions because he refused to stop praying to his God. Why did the high officials of Persia seek to find a ground for complaint against Daniel? What was the only ground for complaint they could find against him? What does this tell us about Daniel?
- What did the high officials of Persia request of King Darius to set a trap for Daniel? How did the king respond to their request? Why do you think unbelievers seem to delight in seeing godly people fall?
- When Daniel knew that the king had signed the ruling against prayer, what was his response? In what ways is Daniel’s response similar to that of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in Daniel 3? What example to follow do we see in these stories? How does godly courage strengthen our witness?
- What happened to Daniel when he was cast into the den of lions? In Daniel 3, what happened to Daniel’s friends when they were cast into the fiery furnace? How did King Darius respond to Daniel’s miraculous deliverance?
- In what ways do faith and courage go together? What positive things can happen when believers are persecuted for their faith? Why is it important for us to live with faith and courage today?
- How courageously are you living for God in your life right now? If you were to face a similar situation as Daniel and his friends, how do you think you would respond? In what areas of your life do you need more faith and courage?
- Let’s pray for one another today to grow in faith and courage as we face the challenges of living for God in this world.